In today’s modern set-up, kids pay less time outdoors and opted to spend more time with their gadgets. This is most of the problems of families nowadays. So why don’t you pack some clothes and spend your time camping outdoors with your family. Here are some tips to do when taking your kids on a camping trip.
- Teach them with camping etiquette. Camping will teach them some basic of life and nature. It will also teach them how to value the gift from God. Teach your kids some etiquette in camping for them to teach their kids in the future. These etiquette will also help them cope when they are in the real world.
- Plan the trip carefully. Kids are easily distracted and get bored, so you better plan the trip. The planning starts from the moment you walk out of the door until the trip ended. Plan some activities to do with the kids. But be sure not to plan so much to that you will dictate what will the kids do thus ruining the trip altogether.
- Plan simple meals. Simple meals are easily cook and done with ease. Through this, the kids can help in cooking and you can spend your time with the kids rather than cooking.
- Teach them about nature and wildlife. Camping will bring you close to the nature so this is the opportunity to teach them the wild life and how to respect them. Set a good example to you kids for them to understand what you are teaching them.
- Safety first – bring a first aid kit. First aid kits are always essential in every camping trips. You can also teach them how to do some basic first aid if your kids are old enough. Teach them to pack their own first aid kits and introduce to them every content for them to prepare the next trip.
- Travel lightly. This is a basic rule in every travel. Be sure to bring everything you need but keep it light as possible. Bringing too much will ruin the trip for you and that is proven. It takes all my strength bringing a very heavy bag during my first camping trip making me grumpy the entire trip.
- Explore and do fun activities. This will really help you break away from technology and from the city life. Confiscate the gadgets of your kids and organize some fun activities. You make go on boating, scavenger’s hunt and even an Amazing Race adventure with your kids. It will be so much fun and a very good exercise activity to the kids.
- Teach them what to avoid during the trips. Bears, poison ivy, bee and other wildlife are must be avoided. Educate your children so that they will know what to do when they encounter these creatures.
- Comfortable clothing. Always pack comfortable clothing during the trip. A comfortable clothing can change a lot in the mood if a person.
- Have fun! This is the ultimate tip I can give. Be sure to have same, click some photos and store a lot for memories for you to tell your grandchildren. It is always fun to see your kids learning and while picturing them doing what you do when they grow old.
- Family Camping Trips Games and Activities (thefunlifeofsophia.wordpress.com)
- Planning Your First Family Camping Trip (redenvelope.com)